Tuesday’s Quick Hits

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Quote of the Day…

Do you remember before the internet, that it was thought that the cause of collective ignorance was the lack of access to information? Well…it wasn’t that. – Unknown

Today’s independent commentary deals with these people/issues:

  • School Elections
  • Senate Majority PAC
  • Trump & Scarborough
  • One More Thing


There are school elections across Montana today (May 5, 2020). Don’t forget to vote!

In Great Falls we are voting to elect three school trustees. They will each serve three-year terms. We are also voting on an elementary school operational levy.

The money will be used to cover educational programming and day-to-day costs not covered by state or federal funding. The state covers 80% of the funding and the local community is expected to cover the other 20%.

If approved, the levy will cost a property owner with a $100k assessed property $16.27 per year or just $1.36 per month. That is a very small amount to support the students and schools.

Please join me in voting for the school levy.

More information can be found HERE and HERE.

According to Kids’ Education Yes:

  • Ballots must be received by 8 pm May 5th.
  • Ballots may be dropped off in person:
  • At the Elections Office: (325 2nd Ave N) May 4 from 7 am to 5 pm, May 5 from 7 am to 8 pm
  • At the Exhibition Hall at Montana Expo Park (400 3rd St NW) May 5 from 7 am to 8 pm

According to the Cascade County Elections office:

*NOTE: If you miss this regular registration deadline, you may still register for the election by appearing in-person at the Cascade County Election Office, 325 2nd Ave N, Great Falls, May 1, 2020. Beginning on Monday May 4th at the Exhibition until 7 am – noon and then again at 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM on Election Day


Senate Majority PAC released its first television ad of the 2020 cycle in Montana, highlighting how Senator Steve Daines has failed the leadership test by prioritizing relief for big corporations instead of Montanans while in Washington.

The ad started running Saturday.

The television ad “Maybe” calls out Sen. Daines for voting to bail out big businesses while voting to limit unemployment benefits and emergency paid sick leave for workers impacted by COVID-19. (SenateMajority.com)

Check out the ad:


Yahoo News reported that With the U.S. death toll from the coronavirus mounting, President Trump on Monday took aim at MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough in a tweet attacking the MSNBC host, his wife and co-host, Mika Brzezinski, and the cable network’s parent company, Comcast.

After Trump finished his attack, Scarborough responded with:

You need to take a rest. You need to let Mike Pence actually run things for the next couple of weeks. And come back when you’re feeling a little better and when you can really actually focus on your job. You just can’t do that right now. Americans are dying every day because of it. 

Good for Joe. Read the whole article HERE.


President Donald Trump held a town hall meeting with Fox News at the Lincoln Memorial earlier this week. There’s a photo of Trump and the Fox News people sitting in front of the Lincoln Memorial with this caption:

Second worst experience Lincoln’s ever had while watching something


1 thought on “Tuesday’s Quick Hits

  1. Even Vannity isn’t happy with the gun fondling re-open LARPers

Comments are closed.