Since we’re within a year of the 2012 Election, we’re seeing more and more campaign ads hit the airwaves – and also some issue-related ads are out which can help or hurt candidates.
Here at The Western Word we’re going to try to publish as many of them as we can find, so if you see a campaign commercial, please feel free to send me the link to my e-mail address listed on the right side of the screen.
Today we have six videos! They are about Veterans and the Postal Service, Huntsman’s weather vane, Romney hits Perry on illegal immigration, Cain on the EPA, a thank you to Max Baucus, and a thank you to Jon Tester. Enjoy!
1. The American Postal Workers Union and the National Mail Handlers Union has an ad out about that a bill pending in the House of Representatives that they say would force the United States Postal Service to fire tens of thousands of military veterans. Here it is:
2. The Jon Huntsman for President Campaign has a video out that compares the views of Mitt Romney to those of a weather vane – just going the way the wind blows. It’s about a 1 minute and 30 second video:
3. The Mitt Romney for President Campaign has an ad out (:30) about Rick Perry and illegal immigration. The video shows the question on the screen, “Where did liberals in California get all their bad ideas” and it goes on to say they received some of their bad ideas from Rick Perry because he was the first to give in-state tuition to illegal immigrants and he approved taxpayer-funded state aid for illegal immigrants attending college. The music is nice…
4. The Herman Cain for President Campaign has an ad (1:45) out about the American Farmer being under attack from too many government regulations and features Dean Kleckner, who they say is a “retired farmer and he served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau for 10 years, and was elected to seven two-year terms as president of the American Farm Bureau. He also served on the U.S. Trade Advisory Committee under Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton.”
5. The Partnership to Protect Medicare has an ad out that asks people to call and thank Senator Jon Tester for standing up for Medicare and for “protecting seniors in their greatest time of need.” The ad is about 30 seconds.
6. The Coalition to Protect the Rocky Mountain Front has an 30 second ad out that thanks Senator Max Baucus for sponsoring the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act.
Don’t forget to follow The Western Word on Twitter @TheWesternWord.