The Wednesday Read

Quote for the Day…

It is difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room, especially when it’s not there. – Chinese Proverb

In today’s column, I look at these people/issues:

  • Georgia & Montana
  • Trump & the Supremes
  • One More Thing

GEORGIA & MONTANA:

The absentee ballots will be mailed 25 days before Election Day here in Montana (Source), so that means there will be more and more attacks as the candidates and their supporters try to go for the knockout punch, or they will throw a few “Hail Mary” passes in desperation.

The U.S. Senate race in Georgia is rated as a toss-up, with Democrat Raphael Warnock having a 54% chance of winning to Republican Herschel Walker’s 46%. (Source)

The Daily Beast reported earlier this week that Herschel Walker, the football legend now running for Senate in Georgia, says he wants to completely ban abortion, likening it to murder and claiming there should be “no exception” for rape, incest, or the life of the mother. But the Republican candidate has supported at least one exception—for himself.

It was reported that the woman supposedly has a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, a “get well” card from Walker, and a bank deposit receipt that included an image of a signed $700 personal check from Walker.

Here in Montana, the only race I’ve seen that is pretty negative is the race for the western congressional district between Republican Ryan Zinke, Democrat Monica Tranel, and Libertarian John Lamb.

Zinke is favored to win and (94% chance) with Tranel coming in with a 6% chance of winning. (Source)

But, with Lamb being in the race and Zinke being more of a moderate and what some far-right wingers call a RINO, can Lamb be the spoiler and take enough conservative votes from Zinke to help Tranel.

Libertarians have spoiled several Republican victory parties in Montana, like in 2006 and 2012,

I noticed after the debate Saturday evening that the attacks from Zinke and his supporters on Tranel increased. Maybe the Republicans are worried.

Every candidate is probably planning for the final push. Do they have an “Ace in the Hole” (Ad, attack) ready to go so they can close out their campaign with momentum?

One thing to remember is that many voters are just plain dumb. They believe everything they read or watch on TV. That’s how Trump became President.

TRUMP & THE SUPREMES:

In an attempt to run out the clock, former President Donald Trump is taking his classified documents case to the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Associated Press (AP) is reporting that lawyers for former President Donald Trump asked the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday to step into the legal fight over the classified documents seized during an FBI search of his Florida estate, escalating a dispute over the powers of an independent arbiter appointed to inspect the records.

Trump is probably going to call in favors from the three justices (Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney Barrett) he nominated to the court and hope two others go along with his case.

You can read the AP story HERE.

ONE MORE THING:

Tuesday was a beautiful day. I headed to the store to pick up some prescriptions. The sun was shining brightly. After leaving the store and heading back to my vehicle, I noticed a little old lady was getting out of her vehicle that was parked beside mine. Our driver’s doors were side by side, so I waited for her to lock her vehicle and leave.

As she walked beside me she looked at me and said, “Don’t scratch my vehicle, asshole.”

I responded with “Eff you.” And not with the “Eff.”

She just kept on walking.

I think I could take her in a fight.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

## THE END ##

1 thought on “The Wednesday Read

  1. Quite an interesting article, especially when you consider that Richard Mack, founder of the constitutionalist sheriffs, (Jesse’s group) was also a founding member of the Oath Keepers. Makes you wonder just why an anti-government person would want to hold a governmental office such as sheriff. Wouldn’t their time be better spent in direct action like overthrowing the government? Like Rhodes?

    https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/broken-oaths-stewart-rhodes-estranged-montana-family-reflects-on-militia-life/article_53f45ccc-4410-11ed-aed0-b7b7f2701665.html#tracking-source=mp-homepage

Comments are closed.