Quote for the day…
Don’t be afraid of being outnumbered. Eagles fly alone. Pigeons flock together. – Unknown
Today’s independent commentary deals with these issues:
- Montana Republican Party Platform
- Matt Rosendale
- Reading Assignments
MONTANA REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM:
The new Platform of the Montana Republican Party is now posted online. It was adopted on July 16, 2022. It is 17 pages.
Here are some key points:
- Republicans believe in the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death, and that only parents have the right to direct all reproductive decisions for their minor children.
- WHEREAS, Republican solidarity in opposition to the Democrat socialist agenda is necessary to preserve the security of our country, our economic and political freedoms, and our way of life;
- Sanctity of life: Support “all life is sacred” policies from conception to natural end of life with the exception of the death penalty. There will be no tax payer funding for abortions or suicides, parental notification and permission in all cases dealing with legal minors, and require taxpayer supported medical services programs to provide ultrasounds and all available choices for individuals dealing with crisis pregnancies.
- Education: Adopt school choice policies driven by parental control, reduce centralized control mechanisms embracing local control first, support transparent and locally accountable district budgets, and preserve the autonomy of private and home school institutions.
- The Montana Republican party has the right to freely associate, and we support the establishment of closed primaries and registration by party in Montana.
- The Montana Republican Party fully supports maintaining the Electoral College as outlined in the U.S. Constitution.
- We support the preservation of innocent human life at every stage of life, in all circumstances, beginning at conception through natural death. We assert the U.S. Constitution guarantees no one can “be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law”. Accordingly, we maintain the sanctity of human life and affirm the preborn child has a fundamental right to life which cannot be infringed. We support complete ban on elective abortion. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform elective abortions, or fund organizations which perform or advocate abortion. In concert with these beliefs: 1) We support abstinence education; 2) We support those individuals and organizations seeking to provide family support resources or adoption; 3) We oppose assisted suicide; 4) We support a moratorium on human cloning for any purpose; 5) We support non-embryonic stem cell research.
Here are some of my observations:
As for the sections about “Human Life” the part about “only parents have the right to direct all reproductive decisions for their minor children” and “parental notification and permission in all cases dealing with legal minors” makes me wonder what they are thinking in cases of incest.
Further down in the platform they proclaim, “We support complete ban on elective abortion.” That kind of says it all.
They also “support the establishment of closed primaries and registration by party in Montana.” I like it the way it is. They also support maintaining the Electoral College as outlined in the U.S. Constitution.
You can read the complete platform HERE. The comment section is open!
I happened to receive a flier from U.S. Representative Matt Rosendale (R-MT) that was mailed at taxpayer expense. Although this is completely legal, it’s no wonder most incumbents get reelected when they can use taxpayer money to send out information during campaign season. We are a little over 100 days from Election Day 2022.
Rosendale proclaimed that he is “Leading the Nation on Veteran Issues.” On the reverse of the flier, Rosendale lists six things he has done or is doing for Montana veterans.
I appreciate any work to help my fellow veterans by any elected official, be it Democrat, Republican, or other. I do still believe that more veterans should be elected to office and that they know better than most how to help their fellow veterans.
As for Rosendale, I think it’s arrogant for him to proclaim that he is “Leading the Nation on Veteran Issues.” That’s pure bullshit. Rosy has no seniority and probably is tasked with taking out the trash for most committees on which he is a member.
Here are some articles you should read…
Helena IR – Last Chance Gulch awash in rainbows as Montana Pride Parade celebrates LGBTQ community
It sounds like there was a great turnout for the event.
Bozeman Daily Chronicle – Editorial: Fix the Postal Service mess
Bozeman – it’s a place only the rich can live in…
Kansas City Star Editorial – Fist pumper to fleeing coward: Jan. 6 video shows Missouri who Josh Hawley really is
Hawley is a punk…
Associated Press – Nielsen says 17.7 million watched Thursday’s Jan. 6 hearing
It was a pretty good hearing.., even if they preempted Jeopardy!