The Western Word is coming to you, STILL coronavirus free, from deep inside an underground bunker in Montana. The bunker also serves as the worldwide headquarters for The Western Word blog! As promised, I have a photo from the underground bunker to share today…
Quote of the day…
I saw people through the window today. That’s enough social interaction. – Anonymous
Today’s independent commentary deals with these people/issues:
- Super Tuesday, Junior
- Bullock, Steve Bullock
- Coronavirus Briefings
- One More Thing
SUPER TUESDAY, JUNIOR:
Today there are six states voting in the primaries/caucuses. They are Idaho, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota (Caucus), and Washington.
According to several polls, it looks like Joe Biden will do well tonight. The closest contest seems to be in the state of Washington.
But you never know. Stick with me on Twitter @TheWesternWord and follow The Western Word Facebook page for the latest.
Next Tuesday (March 17) we have Arizona, Florida, Illinois, and Ohio. (Primary Calendar)
BULLOCK, STEVE BULLOCK:
It was fun to watch the responses from all across the fruited plains to the announcement that Montana Governor Steve Bullock was running for U.S. Senate.
Of course, the Montana GOP said Bullock would promote “the Democrats’ socialist agenda,” if elected. Then we had the word “liberal” mentioned a lot by the right-wing folks when mentioning Bullock.
I think of Bullock as a moderate Democrat. He should be able to get some votes from the middle and that should concern Team Daines. Bullock has won two or three statewide races and Daines has never faced someone like Bullock. Daines is from California and Bullock is from Montana.
Let the money pour in…
I happened to watch the Coronavirus briefing yesterday and one thing caught my attention. Apparently, the talking points from all the experts and the Vice President have been edited to give President Donald Trump credit for everything that has been done that is good. Or they were told to mention and to give credit to Trump during their remarks.
It’s basically to score political points. Here are some examples:
- And once again, because of the unprecedented action that President Trump took in January…
- This week, at the President’s direction…
- It has been a — it has been a partnership which the President directed us from the very beginning.
- And we’re also letting them know that, because of the President’s leadership, over a year and a half ago…
- The President is committed that whatever support we need…
- So the President is 100 percent committed that we will provide whatever tools we need…
- I really do believe that the American people can see that this President is putting the health of the American people first
- President Trump wants the American people to know — and I’m going to ask Dr. Birx to reflect on this for a moment — the vast majority of people who contract the coronavirus will get better…
- But the President’s focus here is just making sure people understand that…
- Well, the President’s leadership has made the difference here…
- I think every American would be inspired if you could see the way, under the President’s leadership…
This briefing lasted less than an hour. Read it HERE.
ONE MORE THING:
As promised, below is a photo from the worldwide headquarters of The Western Word. The Western Word is produced deep within an underground bunker in the wilds of Montana.
On the left, you can see part of a map of the state of Montana and on the right, you’ll see part of a map of the world. You never know where I will travel next.
In the middle are mementos.
Have a great Tuesday!
Jackie, just when I thought it was going to be a ho-hum senate race Bullock jumps in(the word never means well certainly maybe) and now I will have to empty my garbage can daily as my mail box will be over flowing with endless mailers from both Daines Bullock and 100 creepy out of state PAC’s I could care less about or endless TV ads how Bullock’s great great grandma was actually a Commie,and Daines is going to push your great grandma off a cliff. It all is for nothing as 95% of Montana voters know today who they are going to vote for so the rest of us need to suffer 8 months because of those darn fence sitters. So folks please plant a tree to save the forest.
Dennis – thanks. Get ready for the circus! -JmB