The Sunday Message

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.Ephesians 5:5 (NIV)

You may have said it and you probably heard your parents or grandparents say something like, “the world is becoming a terrible place,” or that they, “wished for the good old days.”

Gallup polling recently released a poll about morals in the United States. They found this:

Forty-nine percent of Americans say the state of moral values in the U.S. is “poor” — the highest percentage in Gallup’s trend on this measure since its inception in 2002. Meanwhile, 37% of U.S. adults say moral values are “only fair,” and 14% say they are “excellent” or “good.”

I would imagine the 49% are looking down their noses at the other 51% and being judgmental.

Many (many) years ago I heard a pastor talk about the straight path to God. He said in our lifetime we would see many things that would take us off course in our path and walk with God. By taking us off the path to God he meant that we would accept these “sins” as just part of life and not think that it was a big deal.

Back then he mentioned drugs, violence and sex in television programs, killing the unborn, etc., as becoming accepted in society. Today he could add to the list many more things that we have accepted as the norm and that many of us do not believe is a big thing.

He closed by showing a chart and the few degrees that each acceptance of sin took us. He said that by the time our lives were over and years went by, we were far from walking that straight and narrow path to God. Sadly, he said we probably would not even realize it.

Maybe mom and dad and grandpa and grandma were right about the good old days…

Have a great week!

##END##

Advertisements
Published in: on June 3, 2018 at 2:00 am  Comments Off on The Sunday Message  
Tags: , ,
%d bloggers like this: