Quote for the Day…
The supreme quality of leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. – Dwight David Eisenhower
In today’s column, I look at these people/issues:
- Orange Man is Bad
- The Western Word Poll
ORANGE MAN IS BAD:
One of the local officials likes to put down those in the middle and on the left when they disagree with his admiration of former President Donald J. Trump. He uses the line, “Orange Man Bad” when someone says something negative about his guy.
After watching the U.S. House bipartisan special committee on the January 6 insurrection Tuesday, I think we can all come to the conclusion that the “Orange Man” is very bad, not to mention batshit crazy (as are many of his followers).
Republican Cassidy Hutchinson, who was a top aide to President Donald Trump’s White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified on Tuesday. She worked in the Trump White House just a few feet from the Oval Office. She had also held positions with other prominent Republicans in her young career.
Here are some key findings from her testimony:
- Trump wanted the Secret Service to take down metal-detecting magnetometers so more people could get in to see his speech, even after being told that many had weapons.
- Trump declined to intervene when told people wanted to hang Vice President Pence
- Trump grabbed at the steering wheel of the presidential vehicle to try and get the secret service to take him to the capitol.
- Trump then assaulted one of his Secret Service people because of this, according to Hutchinson.
- When told his Attorney General had not found evidence of voter fraud that could have changed the election’s outcome, Trump threw a plate of food against the wall.
The Associated Press reported that in the days before the attack, Hutchinson said she was “scared, and nervous for what could happen” on Jan. 6 after having conversations with Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, Meadows and others.
Meadows told Hutchinson that “things might get real, real bad,” she said. Giuliani told her it was going to be “a great day” and “we’re going to the Capitol.”
Supposedly, Meadows and Giuliani asked for pardons.
There are also reports that MAGA folks are tampering with witnesses. That could get nasty really quickly.
Trump told over 30,500 lies during his four years in office. He took our great country down into the sewer like no President before him. He is not anyone that someone should emulate.
He needs to be prosecuted for his treasonous acts. This is worse than Richard Nixon.
The orange man is bad.
THE WESTERN WORD POLL:
This week’s poll question asks, “Do you approve or disapprove of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision overturning the constitutional right to an abortion?” (Background)
The results will be posted later this week.