The Western Word is coming to you, STILL coronavirus free, from deep inside an underground bunker in Montana. The bunker also serves as the worldwide headquarters for The Western Word blog!
Quote of the day…
After all the stupid things I’ve done in my life, If I die because I touched my face, I’m gonna be pissed. – Unknown
Today’s independent commentary deals with these people/issues:
- Census Day 2020
- Killer Coronavirus
- Trump Math
- One More Thing
CENSUS DAY 2020:
Today, (April 1, 2020), is Census Day. Get counted today! Click HERE to find out how.
It’s quick and easy!
At their daily coronavirus task force briefing on Tuesday, U.S., officials are warning the disease could kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans, even if people continue to stay home and limit their contact with others. (AP)
Even President Trump said, “I want every American to be prepared for the hard days that lie ahead.” Trump warned, “We’re going to go through a very tough two weeks.”
Trump is a little too late for the coronavirus party. Some right-wing wackos believe it is all part of a plan to hurt Trump. Please watch the video at the end of this column.
In my opinion, Trump killed a lot of people with his inaction and lack of attention.
In reviewing this opinion piece from the NY Times, you can see Trump did not take it seriously.
- He downplayed the virus for several important weeks starting on January 22 when he was asked about it: “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?” The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
- On January 30 Trump said. “We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”
- On January 31, Trump barred most foreigners who had recently visited China from entering the United States. This was the smartest thing Trump did.
- On February 10, Trump held a rally and said, “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
- Trump said at a campaign rally on February 28, “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus,” Trump said. “They have no clue, they can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “This is their new hoax,” Trump continued, adding that attacking the White House’s response to the coronavirus had become the Democratic Party’s “single talking point.” (Source)
- Then in March, he said these things: “We’re talking about a much smaller range” of deaths than from the flu, he said on March 2. “It’s very mild,” he told Hannity on March 4. On March 7, he said, “I’m not concerned at all.” On March 10, he promised: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
During the White House Coronavirus Task Force press briefing, President Donald Trump was asked how he planned to pay for infrastructure improvements across the United States. Part of his answer left people scratching their heads:
We’re going to borrow the money at zero percent interest, so our interest payments would be almost zero, and we can borrow long term.
With that ingenuity, it’s no wonder Trump-controlled businesses have filed for bankruptcies six times (Source). It looks like he is taking our country in the same direction.
ONE MORE THING:
Please watch the following video and share it on your Facebook page and Twitter pages. Make it go viral.